Sunday, April 22, 2007

Reaction to Orphanage Director-KR

As so many in destitute conditions, the Orphange Director in The Kite Runner was put between a rock and a hard place. Forced to make the difficult decision of sacrificing one for the majority. As unfortunate as this may seem that was the only option, well that or risk losing all of the already impoverished and malnourished children.

My thought process matured as I read along with the book. The instantaneous reaction I had when I discovered that the Orphanage Director just gave that unfortunate soul up to the Taliban officer was phenomenal shock. I could not believe my eyes, which then casted a gray cloud of shame over the director. As I read on, however, I grew to understand his position and a cloud of sympathy replaced the previous one of shame. Surrendering one of the children for a little while would guarantee the others food for perhaps a month, something that became a paucity when the Taliban came into rule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home